Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/dirtywee/public_html/includes/connection.php on line 3
Dirty Weekend Accommodation :: Weekend & Short Break Accommodation

We Want Romantic Weekends

Author: Dirty Weekend
Dirty Weekend Accommodation Australia

According to a recent Australian survey of 470 Australian men and women, 67% of women and 63% of men want their ideal weekends to consist of mind blowing moments of sexy sensuality with a liberal dash of blissful romance.

A romantic weekend appealed to 26% women and 17% men, whereas sizzling passion was lusted after by 41% women and 46% men. The focus of both men and women was on getting away from everything and rekindling the spark that disappears from so many relationships after that glorious honeymoon phase has faded into the recesses of long term memory.

The survey found that only 10% of women and 6% of men want their weekend to be one of total relaxation. A mere 8% of women and 14% of men consider spending their days off with the family at home to be ideal weekend, and although slightly more popular, parties and socialising still only got the vote of 15% of women and 17% of men.

“The common denominator in the responses was that what was missing in life was ‘us’ time for couples, the desire for that magic spark of romance and passion that gets buried under the responsibilities of life. We need to consider a responsibility to ourselves and make the time to keep the romance alive in our relationships” said Rowan McBain from the Dirty Weekend Accommodation Directory who conducted the survey.

Traditionally weekends are about home, family, relaxation and socialising. Weekends are downtime best spent catching up on sleep, recouping your energy and preparing for the weekly onslaught of day to day tasks that will begin again on Monday. Weekends are time to spend with the family, kids and getting things done around the house. Weekends are party time to be spent with friends, affording us the opportunity to be slightly excessive without having to nurse a hangover through an important meeting, or being fired for turning up late to work.

Our whole two days off a week, if we are lucky enough to get two, are so often consumed with families, housework, garden maintenance and general upkeep of the household. Finding time to fit social engagements in around children’s sports, shopping and making sure everyone has enough clean clothes for the week ahead can be difficult, let alone finding time to take off with your partner for two whole days of “us” time.

The conclusion reached at the end of the survey was that all types of weekends are necessary to lead a balanced and fulfilled lifestyle, and, that it is human nature to crave what we desire but don’t get enough of.

So is it worth making an effort and finding some time for the two of you? The results of the online survey clearly show that you and your partner are almost equally likely to be craving some romantic time alone. In the words of one of the respondents “Pressures in life, I\'m completely stressed, never managing any rest. To buck me up I need some zest. A lusty weekend is my quest”.

Back to Articles page

Warning: Unknown: write failed: Disk quota exceeded (122) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56) in Unknown on line 0